Lost birth certificate in pa

Pennsylvania death certificates prior to can be accessed through the courthouse in the county where the person died. A list of court houses is available here External. Remarks: Make application to the Prothonotary, Court House, in county seat of county where divorce was granted. National Center for Health Statistics. Section Navigation. To get a copy, contact the nearest foreign embassy or consulate for that country.

If you need an authenticated copy and it's not in English, ask the embassy for help to get it translated. If you were adopted from another country by a U. People often confuse a marriage license with a marriage certificate. A marriage license is the piece of paper that authorizes you to get married. A marriage certificate is the document that proves you are married. Typically, after the ceremony, you, your spouse, and witnesses will sign the license.

  1. Pennsylvania Vital Records!
  2. family fun go kart tracks indiana.
  3. maryland district arrests based on ethnicity.

The person who performs your wedding ceremony will sign and submit the license to a county office. The county will issue your marriage certificate usually within a month.

Get a birth certificate

Most marriage licenses expire within 30 days to a year, depending on the issuing state. If your license expires before you get married, you can apply for a new one. If your license is lost or destroyed after the wedding, before it's submitted to the county, the person who officiated must take action. They should contact the office that issued your license to get a duplicate. For a certified copy of your marriage certificate, contact the vital records office in the state where you were married.

You'll find instructions on how to request a copy and information on any fees. You may need to provide a copy of the death certificate of a spouse or other family member for a variety of legal reasons. Check to see which require a certified copy of the death certificate and which require just a photocopy. You can request a certified copy of a death certificate from the vital records office of the state or territory in which the death occurred.

See the instructions for that state or territory for details such as:. You will need to obtain a copy of the U. See Death of an American Abroad for details on obtaining a copy of this report. A divorce decree is an official document from the court that grants the termination of a marriage.


It includes specific details of the divorce. A divorce certificate is issued by a state vital records office. You can save time and money by determining which document you need before requesting a copy. Contact the "county clerk's office" or "clerk of the court" for the county or city in which the divorce was granted.

About Andrew Sykes

If the divorce occurred in another country and you're in the U. Without actually seeing your order I cannot be exact on what you will need to provide however here is what Oklahoma tells us is needed and for who. Documentation Required: legal documents to verify entitlement to the record requested.

What is the Register of Wills Office or Department? - Delaware County, Pennsylvania

With that being said, you should be able to provide documents proving you have a legal need for the certificate along with your identification. I have a friend living in Mexico and he wants me to request his birth certificate what paper work do we need to be able to request the certificate?

How to : Replace a birth certificate in pennsylvania

And would I be able to request it? I have all his information he needs the certificate to apostille as he wants to get married in Mexico. Hello Alejandro and thank you for your question.

To order a birth certificate you must be entitle to the record. To determine what paperwork is needed we will need to know what state your friend was born in because each state requires different documentation. To find out more about ordering a certified birth certificate you can contact our office at Hello, I am searching for information that will help my mother obtain her birth certificate. Here is the story.

My grandmother and my grandfather lived in Wilmington, NC, and traveled to Virginia for work. My grandmother at the time was pregnant with my mother. My grandmother goes into labor and a midwife delivers my mother not in a hospital. The midwife was suppose to register my mother, and my grandparents traveled back home to Wilmington.

  1. FOOD & DRINK.
  2. jason robe criminal records in michigan;
  3. reverse look up for fax numbers.

My grandmother never obtain a copy of my mother birth certificate. Years ago, due to my mother asking for her birth certificate, my grandmother made a call and was told the place that the midwife stated my mother was registered at burned down, therefore there is no proof that my mother was actually registered. The midwife have passed away, so no other questions can be asked. This has been going on for many years now. All my mother keeps getting is the run around, and lawyers wanting thousands of dollars, in which they are not reassuring. How can my mother get a copy of her birth certificate or proof that she was born.

Hello Sherri and thank you for your question. This would be something to ask the Vital Records corrections and amendments office in Virginia and North Carolina. Explain to them your situation.

Pennsylvania Vital Records Research Guide

They will be able to look for any records and IF they do not have them they can tell you how to get one created for you mother. I need to get a certified copy of my birth certificate from MN. My sister is willing to help but how? Hello Brenda and thank you for your question. To obtain your certificate you can contact the vital records office directly at and they can tell you what alternate identification they may except.

Hi Nichole Can u give me a list of the people that can get your birth certificate aside from yourself here In Baltimore, Maryland. Thank you!! If you are not one of the persons listed, please contact Maryland Vital Records directly. You can reach them at Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Is it okay to fill out the form that say I do not have a government issued photo-ID and that I am presenting the attached two documents?

I do have a government id—just the wrong address. Any help would greatly be appreciated!! Hello Laurie and thank you for your question. The I. In order to answer your question correctly we would need to know where your daughter was born so we may check that locations rules.